We are delighted to be offering NPQH in Buckinghamshire as a hub for the Forest Learning Alliance.
ELIGIBILITY FOR NPQH
The National Professional Qualification for Headship is suited to those who are, or aspire to be Headteachers or Heads of school.
This may include:
Newly appointed Headteachers or Heads of School
Applications must include a supporting statement from your current Headteacher OR Chair of Governors/Trustees and both of their signatures.
THE NPQH PROGRAMME
The NPQH programme includes online learning, face-to-face days, twilights, coaching and a 360 degree leadership review.
Every face-to-face session will be delivered by an experienced Headteacher.
The content areas covered are:
- Strategy and Improvement
- Teaching & Curriculum Excellence
- Leading with Impact
- Working in Partnership
- Managing Resources and Risks
- Increasing Capability
In total, 200 hours of learning will take place.
Approximately, this time will be split like this:
- 21 hours face-to-face contact with facilitators
- 12 hours professional coaching at Wellington College
- 50 hours online learning and personal research and reading
- 18 hours in-school coaching
- 18 hours structured reflection
- 81 hours on-the-job leadership training (work towards assessment project) in your own school and a contrasting school
During the course, participants will complete 2 projects and after around 13-14 months these will be submitted.
- Lead a change programme at whole school level in their own school, lasting at least 2 terms, to improve pupil progress and attainment.
- Present the plan to the Governing Body prior to implementation and gather their feedback.
- Submit a written account of the project for assessment. This should cover the design, implementation and evaluation of the programme.
- Submit supporting documents/material as evidence.
- Not exceed a total word count of 4,000 words, excluding supporting documents or annexes.
- Undertake a placement in a contrasting school (for example by geography, performance, pupil profile) lasting at least 9 working days.
- Research the placement school’s current and/or projected resource and capability challenges, and design an action plan to address these.
- Present the plan to the placement school’s governing body and gather feedback.
- Submit a written account of the project for assessment.
- Not exceed a total word count of 2,500 words, excluding supporting documents or annexes.
Participants can make their own arrangements with a contrasting placement school, if they wish. However, we also have a list of schools which have agreed to offer placements that we can coordinate for you.
All face-to-face days and twilights take place at the Teaching and Leadership Centre at Chepping View Primary Academy in High Wycombe, with the exception of the two days of professional coaching, which take place at Wellington College.
The next application round for NPQH is open until December 13th, ready for a January 2020 start.
Please return applications to Catrin Powell- Forest Learning Alliance administrator - firstname.lastname@example.org
COST OF THE PROGRAMME
The total, standard cost of the programme is £1950 with no hidden extra costs for assessment.
For schools which have fewer than 100 pupils, this cost is reduced to £1600.