WYCOMBE AND MARLOW TEACHING SCHOOL ALLIANCE IS A PROVIDER OF APPROPRIATE BODY SERVICES FOR NQTS.
All NQTs must been signed up to an Appropriate Body.
Schools can choose to use any available Appropriate Body service. Within Teaching Talent, the Buckinghamshire network of Teaching Schools, three Appropriate Body services are available, recommended by Bucks CC, and offer the same service at the same price- WAM, Astra and Cygnus. This service is priced at £225 + VAT (£180 + VAT for FOSS schools).
WHAT DOES OUR APPROPRIATE BODY SERVICE INCLUDE?
Our service includes:
- Registering your NQT with the DfE.
- Access to our online portal (NQT Manager) for submitting termly NQT reports.
- Quality Assurance of the NQT’s successful completion of induction.
- Quality Assurance lesson observations.
- Training for NQT mentors.
- Advice and support regarding NQT induction for NQTs and mentors.
- A day of support for schools, mentors and NQTs where the NQT is not meeting the standards.
Additional support from an SLE for an NQT who requires further intervention can be purchased in addition, at a rate of £350 + VAT per day. This support might include team teaching, joint planning and action planning, demonstration lessons or other activities according to the NQT's needs.
DOES THE APPROPRIATE BODY SERVICE INCLUDE NQT TRAINING?
Appropriate Body Services are a separate service from NQT training, which can also be purchased from WAM at £200 +VAT for 6 training sessions.
Please see our NQT Programme webpage for full details of this additional service. The same NQT training can also be booked with Astra Learning Alliance if you prefer a north of county location (Aylesbury).
CAN AN NQT WHO TRAINED AT THE CHEPPING VIEW SCITT BE REGISTERED WITH THE WAM TS ALLIANCE APPROPRIATE BODY?
Unfortunately, Chepping View SCITT NQTs cannot be registered with WAM TS Alliance Appropriate Body.
This is because it is essential for the Appropriate Body to be impartial in quality assuring the completion of the induction year. As Chepping View Primary Academy is the lead school of WAM TS Alliance, that impartiality could be called into question. However, you can register with our Teaching Talent partners, Cygnus or Astra. This does not affect your NQT's ability to join WAM for NQT training.
HOW DO I REGISTER MY NQT WITH WAM TS ALLIANCE APPROPRIATE BODY SERVICE?
We are now using NQT Manager, an entirely online system:
The help guide for NQT Coordinators is here:
- If your school has never used WAM as an Appropriate Body before, email Donna Bunt firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for your school to be registered.
- If you have used us before, click on 'Register Your School' in order to set up an account for your NQT coordinator. This is often the Headteacher, or the School Business Manager, or Senior person in overall charge of NQT induction.
- Once this person has registered at the NQT Coordinator, they can then set up the Headteacher log in, NQT mentor log ins and they can add the NQTs.
- These registrations will all come through to us to be accepted.
TEACHING TALENT NQT CONFERENCE- MARCH 2020
Thursday 19th March 2020
Astra, Cygnus and WAM Appropriate Bodies are delighted to announce details ahead of the March Primary and Secondary NQT Conference this year, funded as part of the Appropriate Body offer to local schools. NQTs employed in schools who are not working with the Bucks TSA Appropriate Bodies may still attend, at a charge of £100 per event.
- 9:00am-1:00pm Thursday 19th March 2020
- Chepping View Primary Academy, High Wycombe HP12 4PR
- Keynote: Jarlath O’Brien on Effective Behaviour Management.
- More details on the flyer.
To book your place, please download the booking form and return to Donna Bunt- email@example.com